Today marks the beginning of my 34th year.
For my birthday this year, I decided celebrate more on the low-key side. I went out with friends this weekend and celebrated yesterday with family for a Father's Day/early birthday gathering. As I've gotten older, having huge blow out parties just aren't as desirable. That said, I do think its important to celebrate you birthday somehow, as your birthday is a celebration of life!
Instead of the blow-out party this year, I decided to celebrate with a birthday themed shoot with Arielle Lewis. For the shoot, I rented two dresses from Rent the Runway and Illusions of Georgetown glammed me up with hair by Josh and makeup by Yvette. The shoot is full of some of my favorite things, and after looking at the photos, I realized my range in emotions which I feel are part of my zodiac sign as a gemini! Today's post from the shoot is just a teaser, and I'll be posting the full shoot with all details linked soon!
To accompany the first set of photos from the birthday shoot, I'm sharing 34 facts about me that you may not know! I've been realizing that I want to share more about myself to relate more with others, so if you have some common facts, drop me a line to let me know!
1. I was born in the DC metro area, but raised in Richmond, VA.
2. When I was a baby, I got a terrible infection in my arm and my arm was almost amputated.
3. Growing up I was heavily involved in the dramatic arts. I still have dreams of being on Broadway some day.
4. My favorite sport is tennis, although I haven't picked up a racket in years.
5. I'm a huge daydreamer. I daydream of traveling the most.
6. I got married in Las Vegas!
7. I rarely ever leave the house without makeup.
8. I only drink iced coffee- unless its a dire emergency.
9. My favorite red lipstick is MAC's retro matte in Fashion Legacy.
10. I love Kanye West's music.
11. Lady Gaga's music is also life and I consider her my musical hero. Her music got me through my mid-20's.
12. I attended Radford University and started to pursue theatre, but changed my major my sophomore year to Communications and Event Planning.
13. I was in Delta Zeta sorority in college.
14. I studied abroad three summers during college in London, Scotland, Italy, and Ireland.
15. I have been coloring my hair blonde for over 15 years.
16. My favorite TV show is Sex and the City and The Sopranos.
17. I have a fear of sharks and murky/dark water.
18. I also have an irrational fear of bugs.
19. The most beautiful place I've traveled to is the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
20. Paris is also one of my favorite places to travel to.
21. I could eat Mexican food everyday and never get sick of it.
22. My favorite color is any shade of pink.
23. I also favor sky blue and cobalt blue.
24. I'm most comfortable in a dress than any other article of clothing.
25. If I could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, I'd choose to have dinner with Marilyn Monroe.
26. I am a huge art lover. My favorite artist is Mr. Brainwash.
27. If I could pick up and move anywhere in the world, I'd move to NYC.
28. I have never broken a bone.
29. I absolutely love love LOVE animals and love to watch animal videos.
30. I have hugged Diane von Furstenberg.
31. I despise vulgar humor.
32. I'm very superstitious.
33. I refuse to watch scary movies.
34. My favorite fruit is a tie between grapes and strawberries.
Thank you to all for the amazing birthday wishes!
Blonde in the District