Hummus Feta Dip
With all the holiday parties and get togethers coming up the next 2 weeks, I wanted to share something that I don’t normally share- A RECIPE! Lol. We all know my cooking skills aren’t the best, but this dip actually masks that fact and its a great dish to bring and share for festivities.
The original recipe came from a coworker back in… 2009 maybe? Maybe even earlier. She brought it to an office potluck and I liked it so much she generously offered the recipe. Since then I have made it for parties and gatherings many times - in fact it’s become my “go-to”. I’ve also shared the recipe along the way to others who have loved it, too! Not only is it incredibly simple to make, it is delicious! So, here it is!
Hummus Feta Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I buy the whipped kind- its easier to mix)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces hummus (I've tried classic, spicy, red pepper - all are good)
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- pitted kalamata olives, diced (I usually get ~5-10 fresh from the olive counter at the store and dice them)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (or however much you want to add, I normally go heavier on the feta)
1. Mix cream cheese, lemon, garlic, and Italian seasoning in bowl and then spread along the bottom of a serving dish.
2. Spread hummus over the cream cheese mix.
3. Top with feta, cucumber, & olives (you can also add tomatoes or peppers!).
4. Chill for 2-3 hours. Serve with pita chips, crackers, blue corn tortilla chips, veggies, etc.
Blonde in the District