1 Tequila, 2 Tequila....
Today is National Tequila Day. I know, I know, it seems that every day is national something day, but for todays post I decided to play into National Tequila Day by sharing my favorite tequila cocktails!
Dress (similar) | Earrings | Sunnies
My go-to drink of choice is normally champs or vodka, however a great margarita or tequila drink also tops my list of faves- especially in the summer! Below is a list of my personal favorite tequila cocktails in/around the DC area!
My DC Fave Tequila Cocktails:
1. The Mission Margarita- one of my favorite margaritas in all of DC, this marg is not only delish, but strong too! I suggest going to Happy Hour for $23 pitchers!
2. The Paloma at The People's Drug- this cocktail is the perfect blend of tequila and grapefruit! I have only recently been introduced to the Paloma by The People's Drug, and my gosh its amazing!
The Paloma from The People's Drug, photo by Arielle Lewis Studios
3. The El Centro Seasonal Agua Fresca- made with Sauza Blue Silver tequila, triple sec, and seasonal fruit. I also love the El Centro brunch, if you can't make it out for National Tequila Day but want to celebrate over the weekend!
4. The Lauriol Plaza Swirl Margarita- one of the best local summer frozen drinks, IMO! These frozen swirl drinks are the perfect blend of sweet and tart and are perfect for hot days!
5. The Diablo Margarita at Los Cuates- one of my local faves, Los Cuates has a great selection of margs. I recently have been ordering the Diablo Margarita that has pieces of jalapenos and peppers in it for a spicy kick.
6. Mi Vida Margarita - probably one of the cheapest (and tastiest) Happy Hour margs I've found at just $6! Definitely check this place out for happy hour and order the De La Casa with El Jimador Blanco, lime juice, and simple syrup.
Photo by Arielle Lewis Studios
Blonde in the District